Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Why I love thrift-hunting!

Do you enjoy going to garage sales, yard sales, and thrift stores?

Do you get thrill in digging through piles of ukay-ukay (secondhand) items?

If the answer is a resounding "yes" to the above questions, then welcome to my blog!

I am just your ordinary girl, an inveterate shopper, and one of those newly-converted, insane bargain hunters. Yes, I am one of those hoi pollois, jejemons, or whatever you call us these days, who descend upon ukay-ukay shops everywhere in the city, seeking thrill in hunting items - from gadgets to clothes, to knick-knacks and odds and ends and what-have-yous. As a plain stay-at-home-wife with very limited shopping budget, I found myself excited at branded names inside a garment, accessories, furnitures, or decors.  Never mind the dust and the smell, you easily get carried away and there is never a case where I left empty-handed. There are good, quality finds if you only have extra patience and time.

To me, thrift-hunting is like treasure hunting and there are definitely no rules! Everything and anything goes but I tell you, get there early as you can armed with patience -- lots and lots of it -- and I assure you, you'll get the best selection and great scores.

This is where I will display my fabulous finds and scores from thrift stores to yard and garage sales. And if you share the same thrill with me, I definitely want to hear from you and see your finds, too. So please leave a comment and your blog links at any time so we could start a blog roll!

So here we go friends... I'm excited and I cannot wait to see what treasures will be coming up on this blog! 

4 comments:

Liza said...

Nice one! Yay!! First to comment hehe.. Cheers to thrift hunters, ukay ukay queens, fashionistas, vintage lovers etc..

I'm getting inspired to work on the thrifting blog too

Cheerful said...

...and i'm the next one?! hmm...congrats for having another "baby"! :)

Liza said...

psst! che, dapat may prize ang first two commentors galing kay donya buding..

Four-eyed-missy said...

Pwede din ba akong maki-gulo dito?
hehehehehe...

Post a Comment