Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

One morning at Psah Touch

So what does a stay-at-home wife do when she gets bored?

I go thrifting!
It was my first time to venture at the thrift stalls at Psah Touch, about a kilometer away from my apartment. It was just quarter past 7am -- the husband already went to work and the dogs already walked -- I found myself feeling a bit adventurous that morning. 

Psah Touch, as the name suggests, is indeed a small market, like a talipapa in the Philippines. Every morning it is bustling with activity. When I got there -- 15mins brisk walk from where I live - I basked in the marvelous sights and sounds as I wandered around. After having enough of the sights and sounds, I quickened my pace and headed towards the thrift stalls. There were a dozen stalls, and some of them piled the second-hand clothes on the ground. There were a few mings (manangs or aunties) milling around, digging through the pile but not really into it. I wanted to tell them to go away because this serious hunter couldn't do her business if they're hogging the space. But no. There was a huge garbage dump nearby and the smell was really offensive so I left. I was planning to just go back home when the jeans section caught my fancy.

There were a lot of really good jeans in the pile! For only 3000riels (about 75cents) a pair, I immediately went to action... and I wasn't disappointed. After an hour or so, I found four pairs of jeans that I really like - and with a few snips here and there later on, they should fit me alright -yipeee!

From top to bottom: GAP curdoroy flare pants, Timberland straight cut jeans, Calvin Klein, at Baleno comfort fit jeans. All these four for 12,000riels ($3) - what a  bargain!

I was on my way out when I caught sight of another pile of clothes... mostly sleeveless tops. They're a  bit pricey for 2000riels (50cents) but still went digging and... voila!

Two cute sleeveless tops (a Hang Ten hot pink top and another top of unknown brand) and a Bossini front-zip sweatshirt. These are all great to wear at home. I could use the sweatshirt whenever we go about our early morning walks in Kep. 

Grand total of the day is 18,000riels, and that's about $4.50 :)
My friends and I will be meeting very soon for some thrifting adventure. I can't wait to see what's in store for us.

4 comments:

Liza said...

wow! fab finds.. i like UK shops they have items that fits me hehe..

where's our next thrifting stop? Wanna try UK in Beung Keng Kang?

DonyaBooding said...

So true, Lui. I get really disappointed when I go to UK shops only to find out nothing fits me. Yes, I think we should go to BKK next time. I had fun today but I think we got sidetracked :/

Cheerful said...

wow, good buy lahat ha, lalo na ang mga pants, galing-galing naman talaga ni ms. donya buding! hehehe! :)

DonyaBooding said...

Nagkataon lang na maraming magandang pantalon at walang masyadong namimili.

Post a Comment